5 March 2012
TOPIC OF THE WEEK
Politkovskaya murder trial follows well-beaten track
1. Republic of Karelia (Northwest). Departmental directive prevails over Constitution?
2. Maritime Region (Far East). Outgoing governor acknowledges his non-transparency to media was “a mistake”
3. Maritime Region. Quoting head of Putin’s campaign team labelled “unlawful canvassing”
4. Republic of Altai (Siberia). Unidentified persons purchase independent newspaper’s print run
5. Moscow. Who got aroused by “Pussy Riot”?
6. Rostov Region (South). Journalists turned serfs
7. Perm Region (Volga). Senator Shubin’s convicted ex-son-in-law demands ban on newspaper publication. See Digest 541
8. Khabarovsk (Far East). Journalists acquitted by arbitration court. See Digest 540
We welcome the promotion of our news items and articles but if you make use of any information from this digest or other GDF materials please acknowledge the source
Glasnost Defence Foundation,
Room 432, 4 Zubovsky Boulevard,
119992 Moscow, Russia.
Telephone/fax: +7 (495) 637-4947 and +7 (495) 637-4420
If you no longer wish to receive the digest, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org